Monday 26 May 2014

I'm Back!


   
 Hey there everyone! First of all, I'd like to start things off by saying that I'm sorry for not posting in such a looooooooong time! I was going through a rough spiritual battle as to whether or not I should continue blogging or not. Some things that I was seeking an answer for was; Is God really being glorified in any way through my blog? Every time I would write a post, I got really emotional and it just seemed harder and harder to accept where Christ has me now, which is not in Haiti.
     So what changed my mind was more of a miracle to me than anything really! After quite a few weeks of praying and not really getting an answer, I just accepted that maybe Christ didn't want me to serve in Haiti, let alone tell the world about it. However, this past weekend we had a church reunion with all the Lighthouse Gospel Sister Churches. There, I met an incredible God-fearing woman. (I know she will probably read this...So once again, THANK YOU!!!) I had not yet introduced myself when she said something along the lines of, "When is your next blog post coming out?" I was shocked because I didn't think anyone actually read this! Well anyway, she went on and encouraged me that maybe it wasn't my season to serve in Haiti but my blogs could be my way of ministering to Haiti. I didn't understand at first but she said that it might encourage people to pray for Haiti.

So to anyone reading right now....take a moment and pray for Haiti, for the orphans, for the missionaries and also for the lost. Pray that the Lord will provide for them. 


For today's story I thought it would be appropriate to share about the abundance of provisions we have here in Canada. I know for myself, that I've never had to go hungry or thirsty. I've never had a lack of clothing or anything. I've always been taken care of. Now take a moment and envision this: You're an average family living in Haiti. Your children go naked because you simply don't have money to buy them clothing. Those children that do have clothing, it's ripped, torn and dirty. You have to watch as your children starve. 
The one day when coming home from working at the church, there was a little boy on the side of the dirt path without any underwear. He was only wearing an old shirt. We stopped the truck. I jumped off an give him a little pair of boxers. He was SO happy! He kept saying, "Merci, merci!", which means thank you, thank you!  The part that hurts the most about that scenario is: 
 He didn't know how to put them on.
He gave them back to me looking very bewildered, so I gladly put them on him. Some of the other people actually captured a picture of the moment. 
Notice how he is completely relying on me, he's holding my hair and everything. It felt great having the pleasure to show that little guy some love.


Since I'm really encouraging everyone to pray for  Haiti, I thought I'd share of what it looks like down there concerning the environment and society:





Please pray! There is power in prayer! I want to leave you with this verse: 

"The Lord is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous." ~ Proverbs 15:29

Thank you all for praying, I believe there will be a good change coming to Haiti soon! :)
Goodnight and God bless!
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment